William Jefferson Clinton Leadership Award
Pictured above left to right: Mike Giancola, NC State University Center for Student Leadership, Ethics & Public Service; Vansana Nolintha, NCSU student, Former President Bill Clinton; John Coggin (award winner); Ray Buchanan, Stop Hunger Now
The President William Jefferson Clinton Hunger Leadership Award was created to honor President Clinton for his commitment to humanitarian causes, especially his commitment to eradicating hunger. President Clinton presented the first award to NC State student John Coggin as part of the Millennium Series at North Carolina State University on January 26, 2009.
Stop Hunger Now and the NC State University Center for Student Leadership, Ethics & Public Service (CSLEPS) will present the award annually to a student from a college or university who has demonstrated outstanding leadership in the fight against hunger and has a commitment to a life of service in the area of hunger, poverty reduction or related area.
- Must be an enrolled student at an accredited post-secondary institution
- Demonstrated leadership in the fight against hunger
- Commitment to a life of service in the areas of hunger, poverty reduction, or related discipline
- Deadline to post videos: November 1, 2013
How to Apply:
- Submit a 3-5 minute video detailing your vision for a world without hunger as well as your efforts to provide leadership in this area.
- Video should be creative and engaging (i.e. not a live video resume)
- Upload video to Clinton Hunger Leadership Award Facebook page
- Include your email address at the end of your video (Finalists will be contacted via email)
Top 5 video finalists will be judged by a selection committee and asked to submit the following:
- Applicant information form
- Essays indicating an understanding of the cause of hunger and related issues
- Letter of recommendation
Stop Hunger Now will provide a cash award for the recipient to use towards an educational experience that will advance their knowledge and understanding of hunger and related issues.
Video submissions will be accepted through November 1, 2013.
We prefer videos to be narrated in your native language, however it is requested that English subtitles are included.
2010 Clinton Hunger Leadership Award Winner Sarah Nam with Ray Buchanan (Stop Hunger Now) and Mike Giancola (NC State)