Host A Packaging Event
More than 250,000 volunteers have packaged meals through Stop Hunger Now's meal packaging program. It is a fun, hand's on mission project that is suitable for all ages.
Our assembly process combines rice, soy, dehydrated vegetables and a flavoring mix including 21 essential vitamins and minerals into small meal packages. These meal packages are shipped around the world to support school feeding programs and crisis relief. The food stores easily, transports quickly and has a shelf-life of two years.
- Set a goal for the number of meals you will package. 35-40 volunteers can package 10,000 meals in 2 hours. 10,000 is the minimum amount for a mobile packaging event. The program is totally scalable, meal packaging events can range from 10,000 meals to 1,000,000 meals.
- Contact your local program coordinator.
- Recruit volunteers based on the number of meals you plan to package.
- Begin to fund your event. All you need to raise is 29 cents for each meal you package. Ask your local program coordinator for fun fundraising ideas.
Add Water Filter Assembly to your Packaging Event!
- If you’ve packaged meals with Stop Hunger Now before, this a great way to add a new element to your events.
- You can now provide the last missing ingredient: Clean water to cook the meals!
- The water filters will be sent to Stop Hunger Now partners around the world on their meal shipments at no added cost!